Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Two Treatments and Many New Friends



           It’s really kind of a dilemma coming back to the lodge each week.  The friendships and relationship we have and continue to establish are so meaningful and such a blessing that it makes me think sometimes, that I just want to stay here.  Of course that is not true whatsoever, but by stating it, hopefully I bring a sense of the depth the experience.  This is such a positive place.  Maybe it’s the fact that we’re all facing a life challenge of a significant nature and that draws us closer together.  Or, maybe it’s the fact that we can be very real and honest about what’s going on in our world.  But, it’s not the same with everyone.  Some folks seem open to only minimal interaction, whereas others are just as open as can be from the “get-go”.  Maybe there’s a sense at some level of realization that this individual is just somebody that I could like.  Not that they are necessarily like me, but somebody that I can like.  Who knows where that knowing comes from? 
            We went out for dinner tonight with Alex and Kitty.  They’ve left the lodge now, but he needs to come to Emory once a week for labs to ensure his stem cells are “taking” properly.  That’s probably not the right term, but I hope you get the idea.  So far so good for his situation!   We had a very enjoyable dinner and great conversation with these new friends.
            I had opportunity this morning to speak with a new guest.  She’s facing pretty much the same cancer and treatment that I am and she was scared because there’s so much one doesn’t know.  She doesn’t have a care-giver with her right now but her children are relatively close by so they can help as necessary.  Muggy and I spoke with her and you could sense the growing encouragement and hope in her comments and her voice as she realized that others are making it through this journey. 
            Only two treatments to go and I’m done; Hallelujah!!  By the time most of you read this I’ll be down to one and we’ll begin packing our stuff and getting ready for graduation tomorrow afternoon.  Graduation is at 5:30 here at the Lodge if you want to make it, let us know!  We’ve got a strong contingent from Warner Robins coming for the event.
            I’ve lined up a few more interviews which I hope to accomplish in the next day or so.
            Thanks for reading!!  Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment