Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Week Post Treatment



           It’s been a week already since I completed the treatments and a very enjoyable one at that.  It was lovely this past Monday to not have to get in the car and drive back to Atlanta.  I’ve found myself sleeping a lot.  I usually go to bed between 9 and 10 and I’ve been sleeping until 8 in the morning!  Pretty amazing, but I guess my body is telling me to rest. 
            I’m trying to integrate some physical activities into my schedule again, slowly.  I got on the lawn mower and cut the grass.  Also, I’ve begun a project of pruning and cutting back hedges and azaleas in preparation for next spring.  The yard at this house could practically use a full time gardener.  Since I’m unemployed right now, maybe that’s my job!
            And it’s been Muggy’s job to keep taking care of me.  She’s doing an amazing job on the burn on my neck.  I’d say it has decreased in size by ½ already.  She cleans it 2-3 times per day and keeps it covered.  I find the cleaning process to be very relaxing and soothing. 
            We had a very nice visit yesterday from young Cody R. and his mom.  Cody is sporting a   This young man holds a special place in our hearts since our days as Royal Ranger commanders and his new “doo”  is greatly appreciated.
brand new buzz haircut in support of cancer patients.
            Tomorrow I head back to Atlanta for my first follow-up appointment with the medical oncologist.  Hopefully, I will leave a friend behind while there tomorrow.  The doctor will probably remove Justin Case (PLEASE, PLEASE!!).  I have never had to use the feeding tube and I’m still swallowing and eating (I had a Krystal burger for lunch today!!  It was awesome!).
            I want to continue my blog, but find less to write about.  I’ll do my best to keep up with the posts and to make it better than what I had for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment