Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week Two Post Treatment; Justin's Gone!!



            Definitely feeling post treatment blues the past couple of days.  No motivation to do anything.  I don’t want to see anyone, go anywhere or do anything.  I’m not crabby, I’m simply feeling disconsolate.  I was pretty sure this was the right word but had to look up the meaning:

sad, unhappy, doleful, woebegone, dejected, downcast, downhearted, despondent, dispirited, crestfallen, cast down, depressed, down, disappointed, disheartened, discouraged, demoralized, low-spirited, forlorn, in the doldrums, melancholy, miserable, long-faced, glum, gloomy.

There, that pretty much describes how I’m feeling.  I’m not looking for sympathy in telling anyone this, I’m just continuing as I have done in communicating what’s going on in my world.  And I know that this too shall pass!
I did rejoice last week on Friday as the doctors ridded me of the nemesis Justin Case!!  Hooray!!  My feeding tube is history and I’m left with what resembles a naval with an eyebrow over it!! 
Before
After


I’m posting before and after treatment pictures of me with and without Justin.  The pictures go a little way toward illustrating the weight loss also!  But I’m still banned from the hot tub.  I have to wait a couple more weeks to make sure everything’s healed up.
We visited the Hope Lodge last week after my appointment and it was very good seeing friends again. 
Now starting to look ahead to life post-treatment to include travel, projects and possibly a return to school?  I’m going to fire up the aquaponics projects again, but maybe on a limited basis as winter is coming and it does occasionally dip below 32 degrees here.  I was pleased to note that the original test bed I practice with this summer has finally produced a single tomato.  Small success, but success nonetheless!
Thanks for reading!!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment