Saturday, October 5, 2013

Week Five is Now History

            Wow!  The days simply fly by sometimes, plus I’ve been feeling pretty weary this past week.  Thursday was a follow-up with surgeon and apparently I’m doing pretty darned good in his estimation also.  He says I don’t need a speech pathologist appointment as I’m still swallowing and using my throat.  This is a key factor in my recovery.  I am, however, not eating much these days.  I’d guess my weight is down about 15-16 lbs., so I need to work at keeping up my caloric intake.  I have not been this weight since before I quit smoking back in the early 90’s; so I’m pretty happy about this!
            Thursday evening we traveled to Dacula, GA to visit Matt and Christina in their new home.  Quite a bustling community there in Dacula and Matt and Christina have a beautiful home.  Matt’s mother, (Muggy’s sister) Kelley will travel here to Georgia mid-October to visit the kids and us if we can work it out.
            I’m now eight treatments from completing this regimen and I’m starting to get excited about being done.  I remember back in August when this all lay ahead of us and it seemed like a very challenging ordeal and a long road in front of us.  Now, we’re nearly complete and God has sustained us well through this adventure.
            Today, Saturday, we attended a Breast Cancer Awareness event hosted by young Heather for her Mom, Tressie Brown.  Tressie is one of my cancer buddies along with Kellie Jenkins.  Both are doing well and took the next step today in cutting their hair in anticipation of losing it.  As you can see from the picture, I did not cut mine as it appears I’m not going to lose it.  I do keep adding color to it.
Kellie, Me and Tressie

            And, we’re beginning to lay plans for post treatments in terms of travel.  We may meet up with Don and Marcia Jerdee somewhere midway between Minnesota and Georgia the latter part of October.  There’s still uncertainty as we do not know what this last week and half will bring.
            For now, we’re enjoying another gorgeous weekend at home, resting and relaxing.  We send our best regards to all and hope and pray that all is well is your world.
            Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment