Saturday, September 21, 2013

Simply Saturday


            Ahh, it’s wonderfully relaxing Saturday morning again and week three is now history.  I completed the week’s regime of treatments yesterday morning and drove home, arriving early afternoon.  I was very, very tired.  It’s delightful to come back home to Muggy and Erik and just be able to relax.  The Lodge is wonderful place, but as Dorothy said, “There’s no place like home!”.  Did you hear, “The Wizard of Oz” is to be released in 3-D.  Wonder how folks feel about that?  I love that movie!
            I’m stuck this morning thinking about one of the patients at the lodge.  He’s had a stem cell transplant, but the donor wasn’t an exact match.  So, Thursday of this week he was to learn how the transplant worked.  It didn’t; sadly.  So, now the doctors will take a new approach beginning next week with chemotherapy and, likely, radiation.  This is disheartening.  Obviously, not everyone at the lodge realizes successes.  And, when one gets right down to it, we are, afterall, dealing with cancer.  And cancer kills people.  It’s very serious business!  ‘Nuff said!
            I am doing my best to stay active and fit.  I strength trained three times this week; nothing strenuous, but some exercise.  I also enjoyed some yoga Thursday evening.  There were only three of us in the session, but it was very restorative and relaxful. 
            One of the lodge residents who I’ve gotten to know pretty well this week hosted a Bible Study on Thursday evening.  I’d guess there were 15-20 folks in attendance.  We didn’t discuss denominations but I’m sure it was very ecumenical.  What it was more though was a blessing.  We talked of hope and what the word tells us about hope.  Hope is not a wish.
            And now, I’m looking forward to a peaceful weekend at home.  Maybe some socializing time with friends, a lot of relaxation and a lot of reflection on how blessed I am.
            Blessings to all!!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment